The glitz of tinsel town made its way to Waikiki this weekend and I was there to watch the stars walk the red carpet! It was the premier of LOST season 3 and the cast came out to support the showing of the first episode to be aired this week. I hadn't watched a single episode of this show before, but I was in touch with pop culture enough to know that it was huge and lots of people love it. Still, I had to be explained who I was cheering for as the stars passed by. It was a lot of fun though! There were probably about 10,000 people out on the beach around dusk watching the show on a big projection screen. Matthew Fox and Sawyer the Hobbit were like right there! And I even got to talk to/within the reach of Kate and John Locke and, having just learned how to say "I love you" in Korean the day before, I shouted it to the Korean actress in the show and she turned and smiled at me. How cool is that? I hope she realizes that I don't really love her or even know who she is. Still lots of fun. One friend had his Japanese wife with him and he kept yelling to the stars that she came all the way from Japan to see them and it worked a few times! So she has some pictures with the stars. Unfair, I should have come up with a gimmick like that.
Okay, so her is my review of episode one (remember this is the first episode I've ever seen):
WARNING!! MAY BE SPOILER (but I wouldn't know)
The opening scene apparently is shocking. I didn't realize this because I hadn't seen the show, but apparently you find out something really interesting about "The Others."
The rest of it looked a lot like a knock-off of Prison Break (of course, I haven't seen that show either). But most of it was of people in cages trying to figure out how to break out and why the hell they are there and who these crazy people are that put them in there. Basically it looks like it is some wierd science experiment. Sponsored by the government? Who knows what's going on on this island? I guess that is the fun of the show. I enjoyed it; I'll have to watch more. One friend here has the first season DVDs so I'll try and watch those.
Okay, let me know what you think if you watch it on real time.
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment