Monday, October 16, 2006

The Earth Is Alive!!

EARTHQUAKE!! BIG ONE!!!

Actually, while it was about the fifth that I can remember experiencing, I think it was the strongest. Thanks for all your concern. I actually can’t believe that it was such big global news (I got emails from Hong Kong!). It felt like King Kong was shaking the house. My canine instincts made me wake up way earlier than I should have (i.e. 6:30am) and the earthquakes happened at 7:07 and 7:14am. Shortly thereafter the power went out for THE WHOLE STATE!! That was the worst thing. Our power didn’t come back until 11pm and no power makes for a long day. It was kinda cool to see the city at night so dark and quiet. Everything was closed so most people stayed in and putzed around. It is funny how people around the world knew better what happened than we did. They are still discovering more and more structural damage around the state, but there weren’t any major injuries. Like you said, just another things to say I survived: The Great Hawaii Quake of 2006.

No comments: