Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Voggy Days

The "dreaded Kona weather" has arrived. What is that? Well, it is when the tradewinds transform into light breezes, humidity rises, it feels hotter, and it doesn't rain so much. The humidity was at 90% yesterday afternoon. It also means the vog settles into the city. It looks like smog, only it is sulfurs and is called vog because it is created by Volcano Kilauea on the big island (Hawaii) and due to the change in winds, drifts all the way past Maui and through O'ahu. Yay for us. It makes some people sick and maybe it has been part of the reason I've been so low energy the past few days. But, just another weather type to say I've lived through. Now I've experienced everything from the typical snow, rain, fog, hail, and sun to earthquakes, typhoons, graupel, red cloud storms, snizzle, and smog thick enough to turn your nose black.

No comments: