This weekend I really got to be a tourist! I went into the touristy part of Waikiki and saw all the fancy hotels and strip malls and people taking pictures and sunbathing. It was fun. I went with Ellie's daughter and her daughter's husband and 3 year-old son. We watched the Duke's Ukes festival for a while where different people competed for best 'ukulele player at all levels, including these elementary school kids, and they also had some 'ukulele building fun and lots of cool Hawaiian music. Then we strolled along the beach. I wasn't prepared to swim, but her husband and son were. After they were swimming in the ocean for a while she realized that they had forgot the son's floaties and she couldn't get their attention. I was coerced into sacrificing my shorts for the good of the cause and jump in. It was so SALTY! The cool thing was that the beach was in a cove and after you swim out a bit from the shore you reach another huge pile of sand created by all these waves coming at you from every direction. They crash into each other and the sand just piles up as if there is a second beach out in the middle of the cove.
The other excitement for the weekend was that my computer died. Just started going really slow until finally it wouldn't go at all. So, I bought a new computer. It is really cool and I got a good deal on it at CompUSA. It is a Toshiba Satellite and I'm really happy with it and the price (even though I was not in the market for spending that kind of money). I guess I really do need to find myself a job!
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Mat! I've been enjoying reading all about your adventures in HK and now in Hawaii. Amineh left for Scotland,so now I have lots of e-communication to read. Have you heard of Skype.com? It's a PC telephone space. Sort of like IM but w/ real conversation. All you need is a headset and a fast connection, and the other side needs the same. I've been using it to talk to Amineh,it works great, and it's free! Thought maybe you could use it to keep in touch with the family back here on the mainland. Glenda
i totally have a toshiba satellite too! All I can say in recommendation is watch out for where you put it, they have a tendency to overheat if the fan is blocked. hope you're well, love amineh
Post a Comment