I know I should be doing homework right now, but I am just overwhelmed with happiness! I am practically giddy for no reason in particular other than the fact that I love it here and I haven't encountered any more big spiders or centipedes.
I love the people- I've met so many amazing people and made friends and that makes me happy.
I love the program- I love my program and classes and now I know why it is so well-respected!
I love Hawai'i- It is so beautiful and friendly and the weather is perfect (at least for me, some people actually think it is too hot)
I'm really happy. The prospects for things getting better are also high, so yay!
Adapting: Okay, so two things Hawaii is lacking that could make me sad (besides the aforementioned sidewalks) are donut shops and country music stations. I love going to a donut shop, especially a 24 hour shop late at night after saving my coins for a month. Adaptation: I've discovered a malasada (i.e. Portuguese donut) shop that makes yummy malasadas (i.e. lump of fried dough with sugar sprinkled on top) that satisfies, although lacks the diversity of choices that the typical donut shop has. And it is run by people from Macau! How perfect is that. And then my country music needs are quenched by my discovery of the Yahoo! country radio station and the fact they play country songs on the local soft rock/mix96 type station, which means I hear it when I go into the grocery stores and stuff. Plus, they have TWO Hawaiian music stations to make up for it. I love that stuff.
Now I just need to find a luau!!
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No country music? How are they going to understand when you put on "Gone Country-27?" Glenda
Post a Comment