Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Auditioning for Streetcar

On Sunday, September 3rd, I had a callback audition for a play being done at UH, A Streetcar Named Desire. I was called back in the final group reading for the main roles and I could tell right away that the director had some favorites that she knew and were in the theater program at the school. She didn't know me and I realized "Who am I to waltz in out of nowhere, without a really strong resume, and try to steal a lead role in one of the most anticipated shows done here in years?" Well, I wasn't surprised that I didn't get one of the two lead roles, but I was excited that I got cast!! I debated for a while whether I should accept or not, given the small role and time commitment, but I finally decided it would be a great experience. Now I found it that it really is some big production. There is a website devoted to it and apparently there are teacher materials created for the production, promotional readings being performed out in the public, and pre-show chats. Definitely much different than the smaller scale, intimate theater I'm used to. Well, see how it goes. Here are the links:

http://www.hawaii.edu/theatre/stage/pagetostage/Directory%20Page.html

No comments: