Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Reasons for Taking TheBus

After another bus adventure, I came up with three good reasons for taking TheBus in O'ahu:
  1. It is very enjoyable to see grown people, dressed in suits (or at least as suit-like as you can get in Hawai'i) or dresses (or mumus) or street clothes, sprinting across the street and down the sidewalk as they desperately try to catch the bus (Hawaiians are often running late after all). They look so silly and then so relieved when they finally get on the bus.
  2. TheBus drivers are so nice! They will often ask how you're doing, help you when you're lost, and give you a mahalo as you leave. I love those people!
  3. It is called TheBus (http://www.thebus.org) which is almost as good as my mom's cousin Sheryl's pizza place called A Pizza Place.
I took the bus to go downtown and get a Hawaiian ID card. Yay for ID so I don't have to carry around my passport!! I decided that in Hawaii I will be 6'0'' (i.e. six feet tall) and that is kind of a lie, but I've always wanted to say I was six foot (not 5'11") this was my chance. Maybe I should be admitting to such a crime in a public space, but why not! I'm proud to finally be six feet tall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mat I love all six feet of you, including the imaginary bit! :)
-amineh

Anonymous said...

heh. I won't believe it for a second, shorty!;)

Mat Espinosa said...

I got into some trouble this week when I went to get fingerprinted for my teaching job. When I filled out the forms I naturally put 5'11" for height. Then I handed in my form and they checked it with my ID and saw a discrepency...ahh! Caught inchless! Luckily they didn't care. I figure if it doesn't matter to the FBI, it shouldn't matter to anyone. :)