Friday, August 04, 2006

International Swimming

This past week I was surrounded by people from all over southeast Asia. There were guys from Sri Lanka and Brunei on our hall and we were passing people from all sorts of other countries including Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, and some cute girls from the Philippines. It was handy that they were typically wearing their swim gear with their country prominently displayed making identifying their ethnicity much easier. When I came home on Sunday I must have timed it perfectly with the end of the International Swim Competition that Hong Kong seems to be hosting because their was a flood of people all around me with their countries flying and all trying to get into the dorms at once. That led to quite the back-up and allowed some extra time to chat with them. Now I can add living next door to a guy from Brunei to my list of things I've accomplished.

No comments: