I spent my first night in my new room yesterday. All was going well until this morning when I went to take a shower and notice two twigs hanging over the ledge of the shower wall. Then I saw them move. SPIDER!! Run run run. See Mat run. Okay. Calm yourself. It can't be that bad. I return and stand on the toilet to get a better look at this thing. It doesn't look too big. I can handle this mother' given the proper equipment. Oh no, it sees me. AHHHHHH!!!!!! It scurries up the wall to reveal its true self. It is HUGE!! RUNRUNRUNRUN...
OMG!! No one is home. What should I do??? Call Grams. Big help (not). Ok. I am bigger than she is (I assume female spiders are bigger than males and this must be the biggest of the species---I hope) and I will kill her. Hoku (the dog I live with) will be my partner. I brief him on the situation and try to prepare him for his role which involves attacking and killing/eating the spider if I knock it down and it is still alive. Ok. I can go in there...
I CAN'T FIND THE SPIDER....could be anywhere. Could be in my bed in my clothes in my shoes. No shower. Need to leave. Carefully and quickly step into the bathroom to grab deoderant and hair gel. I shake out some clothes, no spiders. I don't know what I would have done had a spider flown out of the shirt. OK leaving.
I called one of the other guys who lives here and asked him to check out my room and see if he can find and kill the spider. He does. I feel better. A little. Pictures of house and neighborhood coming soon. Hopefully, no pictures of big tropical spiders.
The End
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment