Thursday, March 30, 2006
Spring Breaking Again!
What a job, eh? Work 3 days and then get a week and a half off. Nice. Anyways, now I'm on Spring Break again. Still have rehearsals though, otherwise I could go travel or something. My first week in school has gone really really well. It's going to be a pretty smooth transition and the curriculum isn't very scary. I got to teach a lot this week and the kids really took to me. Overall, they are a really sweet bunch (of course you've always got exceptions). But there are some that totally make my day just watching them. And I had them write two questions for me that I could answer when there was free time so they could get to know me a little and I got some really cute ones. I got a lot of "How old are you anyways?" I had one class guess and they guessed 30, 45, and when I finally whispered that I was 21...they were shocked. I had no idea I looked that old! ;-) They also wanted to know about my wife, kids, and pets, of course. I also got some cute ones like, "Do you like dogs, cats, or pigs the best?" (with a box for each and an example of how to properly mark my response), "How long is your brain?" "Have you ever ate snails?" Do you have any pink clothes?" "Will you do treat baskets?" and even "How much do you way?" Ah, fourth graders. This spring will be a lot of fun because I'll be around for a bunch of cool events like a Fiesta Day, Gold Rush Day, Grandparents Day, Student-led Conferences, and a bunch of field trips to the IMAX/capital, Columbia State Park, and San Francisco on Amtrack to visit Chinatown. With school, the play, and graduation, basically the school-year will fly by and then I'll be in Hong Kong and then Hawaii (?) and suddenly I'll be 30 and not know what happened. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
dude, what's with the question mark following hawaii? I thought you were super excited about that!
Anyway, good luck waking up and being 30:) I don't recommend it myself, but I hear it works really well for some people;)
Post a Comment