Monday, March 13, 2006

Employment vs. Unemployment

Okay, so being unemployed definitely has its benefits. Mostly, I have a very flexible schedule and time to watch movies and see people. I could even take off to Indiana for a few weeks if I wanted. The drawbacks, however, include: lack of money, more time to waste and/or be depressed, lack of routine and energy, fewer meals for the anorexic Mat. Maybe there are more.

But, I do believe it is time to get serious about finding employment. Luckily, I just may have something up my sleeve. I had an interview today for a long-term sub position starting in April going through the end of the school-year in June. It's at Country Day School so they don't care as much about the paperwork and CWORST/CBEST and it's a 4th grade math/science and the kids are cute. The "lower school head" was really excited about giving me the job, it just has to be approved by the principal and then yay! It will be pretty awesome. I'm hoping that until that starts they might find me some other sub spots or another job to do in the meantime. Plus, my rehearsals start next week and I'm already starting to prepare my characters. I really want to put some of my training into action, so I'm trying to put some effort and time into the play. And on Wednesday I'm going to join Cindy's and my sixth grade class up in Sly Park for the rest of the week which should be loads of fun. That will probably be the next update.

For now, some dates you might want to add to your calendar:

My play (if you can come, let me know when)
Under a Western Sky at Sac State's Playwright's Theater

Friday April 28, Saturday April 29 -- 8pm
Sunday April 30 -- 2pm
Wednesday May 3 -- 6:30pm
Thursday May 4, Friday May 5, Saturday May 6 -- 8pm
Sunday May 7 -- 2pm

Graduation: Nashville, TN
Friday, May 12 at 9 am

No comments: