Tuesday: 1/11/05
· I want to start off with the story of my adventure trying to watch a movie in Tennessee today. So, my friends and I take off to find a movie theater (a Regal Cinema nonetheless) that we had never been to. Not knowing where this place might be, someone had the brilliant idea of calling the cinema to get directions. The guy makes it seem so easy to find. After being lost for a good ten minutes, we finally call back only to find out that the guy had told us to turn left when we should have turned right. Finally pulling into the lot we realize that there are only five other cars in the whole lot. Maybe there were a bunch of people lost because they turned left instead of right, I think to myself. As we walk up, the two men smoking a cigarette outside waltz back in just in front of us. Turns out that they work there, and are the only two people that work there. Are two of the five cars theirs? I wonder. As we try to buy tickets for Ray, we are informed that we can’t be given tickets for the movie because they have a policy where if no one is in the theater to see a movie by 10 minutes after show time, it can’t be started. We were 15 minutes late. When we explained that the reason we were late was due to one of the guys giving us bad directions. They decided to call some magical lady who decided to override the policy and play the movie for us. If that hadn’t worked, my next try would have been to point out that they could probably use the business. Tickets cost $6, by the way. Good movie, too.
· Okay, so I had a rough break. But, despite it all, it was full of a lot of goodness and happiness. I loved all the time I was able to spend with friends and family. I feel a whole lot better about all that’s happened thanks to the diversion and support I’ve received from them and continue to receive now that I’m back on campus. I love you all. If you don’t know, my mom has been diagnosed with a stage four lung cancer. The cancer has spread through her body and it will be difficult to fight it. Despite the adversity, my mom has chosen to fight it as much as possible and go through radiation and chemotherapy. It is hard for me to be out here right now, but I feel like it’s what I need to be doing right now. I’m planning on returning home to see her a few times during the semester and I’m looking forward to that. She went through her first round of chemo yesterday and after a while of nausea, she was feeling pretty good today. I’ll be keeping updates of her as well on here.
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment