I can't believe it is almost over. As a matter of fact, it was a bit overwhelming. I found myself really worried about school, feeling completely unprepared to teach, and also feeling like I'm wasting my time here, like I should be out doing exciting things and seeing people and all for every last second I'm home. I guess it led me to realize how overwhelming it can be to have so many wonderful people in your life, all of whom I should be calling or emailing or having dinner with in the next few days. Oh well. I'm trying. It may be overwhelming, but it also makes me feel super blessed. Like I'm the luckiest person in the world to be so loved.
But I'll save that rant for Valentine's day as per usual. For now I'll tell you that I've had a wonderful break. My visit with my sister, while full of grama drama, was so worthwhile. It made me start thinking about how much I wish she and her family was a more regular part of my life. But I do talk to her a lot. I just hope my kids can have a good relationship with their Auntie Barbara (especially since they will miss their Grandma Di). Then there was the best Christmas Eve celebration of recent years. My family was so spirited and there was lots of food and laughing and singing and dancing and games and I read stories to the kiddies until Santa himself was ready to make an entrance. New Year's in San Francisco with Joey and more bonding with good friends to bring in the new year with loved ones. Oh, good times for all. It will be hard to get used to the new work ethic that the semester begs, but I have made some wonderful memories this break and those will carry me through till the next time I see all you crazy fools.
p.s. Thank you so much for taking the initiative to call me or write me or visit me. I love it!
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment