My year started out with waking up next to people who love me. Then a stroll on an incredibly gorgeous and warm San Francisco Monday to a good old-fashioned American diner named Mel's. I have high hopes for this year. The tragedies of 2005 led to the great depression of 2006 that really didn't go away until melted in the Hawaiian sun. Never completely healed, I started tearing up over my mom yesterday because I needed advice on tires and wanted her, I stand strong and optimistic...ready to embark on whatever journey 2007 is prepared to take me. And it will be a journey, as all years worth living are, and I will emerge ever so slightly changed. I'm eager to see what is to come. I have high hopes for the year. I have high hopes for more memories and smiles and adventures and growth and love. I plan to learn a lot. And I'm going to do more traveling (more? you ask). I hope I can take you along with me. This is fixing to be a beautiful year.
After escaping to the island, I returned to the mainland stronger. Now, as I return to the island, I'm no longer escaping, I'm living.
An Island
Sometimes
you need an island
To escape
into like a cocoon,
the ocean
a barrier to strife.
Shielded in your island world
the metamorphosis starts,
you can't see across
so you begin to look within
Until you are strong enough
to return to the mainland
where you left behind
your tears and sorrow
Because sometimes
you need an island.

No comments:
Post a Comment