I spent a good portion of the day not talking. And it wasn't because I didn't have anyone to talk to. I actually communicated with nods, gestures, and by writing in a notebook. The reason was because I had dental work (i.e. wisdom teeth pulled) and I was supposed to be biting on gauze and my mouth was full of blood and my face was numb. Yuck. Still, it made for an interesting experiment seeing as I had things I needed to do despite the surgery. Like buying new tires for my car and ordering a prescription (vicadin for the pain). I felt like the people were very considerate of me, but treated me normally still the same. The awkward part was not being able to say thank you and goodbye and so I'd try and be polite with my eyes. Also, since my face was all numb, I felt like I looked very stoic, even just walking down the street. So I tried to keep my eyes friendly and I have no idea how it worked.
So, lots of blood, but not much pain yet. Tomorrow I board the plane though.
Oh. And Joey convinced me that I need to move to San Francisco to teach after I finish my grad program. Hmm. Maybe...
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment