Friday, November 10, 2006

The Show Is Officially Open

OPENING NIGHT ROCKED!!

Actually, it started with a cool Preview night on Thursday. Things went pretty well and I had a posse of 8 people cheering for me. They really seemed to like it which was really nice. And! The best part was four of them had written a letter on their bellies that when combined spelled out "M-A-T-!" which was super cool. :) And I got my second lei and chocolates and pretty flowers and hugs and it was a really great way to start the run. It would have been a great Kodak moment, but I totally forgot to take pictures. I'm sorry!

The official opening night was on Friday and totally rocked. The energy was there and the lead actress, Guen playing Blanche, was so on top of it. She was amazing. I had a lot of fun. And the house was HUGE! Over 300 people. I've never played to that many people before and they were really vocal and laughed and applauded and seemed to really enjoy it all. Afterwards, the director, Lurana, took us all out to late-night ice cream (her treat) in the old Leatherby's tradition. The place was called Bubbie's and was much more raunchy than Leatherby's, featuring tasty things like "Eat My Balls" and "Multiple Orgasm" and plenty of other things. It was a lot of fun. I have a weekend packed with two more shows...then a couple of well deserved days off.

No comments: