So, to continue with the theme of the other day, I thought you all should know...
I'M GOING TO HONG KONG!!!!
Yay!! I got accepted to teach at the Summerbridge program in Hong Kong and I'll be going there this summer (from late-June to mid-August). It is going to be AWESOME!! I've wanted to teach there for a while now. It will be so cool to go to Asia and the program takes good care of you. And the focus is on teaching English Language Learners which is the focus of my professional goals too...perfect! There are only about 6 spots for Americans in the program and over 100 applicants, so it's pretty tough to get in. They pay for your plane ticket, put you up in dorms for free, and pay you a stipend of a couple thousand. But that's not all! I won't be going alone. Stephanie is coming too!!! So, we'll get to spend the summer together in China and be all Summerbridgey again. It will be great. I'd probably be a lot more worried if I wasn't going with her. Just another thing to look forward to. Now I just need to get accepted into some grad schools and then I'll feel hella wanted.
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! Glenda
Post a Comment