Friday: 2/21/03
· So everyday this week I've come back to my room in lagging, sleepy fatigueness. It feels like I've been so busy. I mean I'm in class all morning long (wake up at 6:30) and then in the afternoon I've been meeting with people about projects, heading off to schools to do service, working in the theater shops, going to work, and by the time I come back in the evening I just want my mommy and a comfy pillow. I have no will to do homework (so obviously I don't) and therefore by the time I do motivate myself to be productive, it's late and I get very little sleep to get through the next similarly grueling day. Not much social life during the week, needless to say. So, this week I've been an awfully busy beaver (or is it bee? It's bee, isn't it? Well, I'm gonna keep the beaver thing anyways- must either have Oregon or dams on the brain...). I'm pretty ready for spring break next weekend. Although it didn't work out exactly as planned, some sleep and homecooked meals should do me well enough to get through Act 2 of this crazy piece of work I call a semester. Anyways, now it's the weekend and I'm totally ready to have a social life again, but of course I don't. Typical. Here's hoping for tomorrow. And more importantly, here's hoping for an end to my least favorite season- winter!!
· As an added note, I have come to the conclusion that although I have always proclaimed that I could never teach kindergarten because Play Dough and germs are not for me, I love being in this kindergarten class and speaking Spanish. I know that I want to study this kind of stuff in grad school and this has been a fantastic experience. The kids have so much affection, I just love it! And I'm becoming more and more comfortable speaking Spanish because of it, although not exactly more and more efficient.
· Sorry for not writing for a week, I sincerely hope this entry makes up for lost time. A message from the management
Friday, February 21, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment