Friday, February 14, 2003

Just another Valentine's

Friday: 2/14/03

· The sweet perfume of love is in the air, eh? Whatever. It's 8pm and I'm trying to resist the urge to go to bed. I didn't sleep well yesterday and I've been awfully busy today and it's rainy and dark outside. And it might also be a result of all the sweets I ate today. Well, I went to my first Project Share outing today where I go to a school and work with students whose first language in Spanish. I'm working with a Kindergarten class and the kids are absolutely adorable. And to hear them speaking in Spanish is even cuter. Plus, I was there for their Valentine's Day fiesta so I had a lot of fun just hanging out and playing and talking to them (in Spanish). I even got some candy and a Valentine's card out of it. And then I thought, "Ya know what, V-day just wouldn't be the same without giving a gift from the heart." So without anyone in particular to give something to, I decided (taking the thought literally) to donate blood. Not at all as nice as the blood bank in downtown Sac, but I was still happy with my deed. The worst thing is that they don't use those nifty colorful bandages, but instead packaging tape. So, needless to say, I'm not looking forward to taking it off. There's a party going on downstairs in an hour and I have tons of homework to do and I still have some Valentine's day wishes to send, so maybe I'll stay awake. But maybe not. :-)

No comments: