Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rice Cookers

So, at home I have two rice cookers. Emily & I use either one or sometimes both to accomplish all our steaming needs. They are such handy things. Having either starved or gone out for dinner every day last time I was in HK, Emily inspired me to purchase a rice cooker. I bought this beautiful and simple and large rice cooker for $220 HK (about $28 US), complete with a steam basket. So far, my vegetable of choice has been choi sum (if you haven't tried it, GO GET SOME NOW!!!). I've also made dumplings/potstickers and fish (Atlantic cod) in my steam basket. And of course, rice. It makes me feel better, even though it is super inconvenient to spend an hour cooking when I get home at 8:00 and need to sleep by 11:00 (10:00 ideally). But it sure beats the McDonald's I've frequented all too often. I will not go to McDonald's for a year once I return home. I swear. Unless they continue being my only hope for sweet tea. But definitely no burgers. =) McFlurry?? Okay, but no burgers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you again. I missed your insights.
Have a nice summer in HK. Stop by if you ever get back to Sacramento. Glenda