It's funny the difference a week can make. Last week was so stressful and I felt like I'd never be able to complete all the tasks I needed in order to get through it and in order to be prepared for next semester. Things seemed to be drawing to a rapid fire close and the summer sun was setting and I wasn't ready. Now, however, I've completed some of those tasks, caught up on some SB paperwork, found more support and encouragement from others and generally feel more relaxed. It helped a lot to have Madi here. She stayed a few nights with me and having someone else around to hang out with and to motivate me to cook (I made a wicked chicken stir fry that night), exercise, and generally take care of myself was great. She and I are a lot alike and we get along really well together, so it's always great to spend more time with her. I also think taking time to ran away from things and going up to Tahoe to visit Stasia last weekend helped too. Some water and fresh air and deep breaths and time to write. Plus gorgeous stars. I love it there.
This coming week, however, may be more stressful. I've got to start wrapping up things for Summerbridge, plus Emily will get here midweek. It's been two months since I last saw her which seems like forever in some ways, especially since we haven't been able to talk much this past month thanks to her 24 hr babysitting of high schoolers on a community service trip to Hawaii. Now, she'll be here and it's a little scary. I hope it goes well. I want to show her so much, yet there is so little time since I'll be working. And my sister will be here on Friday too. Lots of people around that I want to see before I leave the following week. Oh. It is a little overwhelming thinking about it.
I think I will retreat back and start cleaning up my room.
P.S. If you were at all interested in the fallout from the Stephanie visit, here goes. In case you didn't know, she ended up coming to SB to do a site visit. I had little contact with her, but when I did try to approach her to tell her congrats on graduating and going to Singapore, she gave the same kind of cold-shouldered, indifferent response as she had a year ago. Apparently the year hadn't changed her much, while I felt like a very different person standing before her. Sad really. But I'm proud of how far I've come this past year and of all I've accomplished and how I've carried myself.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
speaking of Tahoe, I discovered recently that I had not, in fact, sent you the postcard I wrote you when I was in Tahoe. Maybe I'll wait now till you have an address in Hawaii and send it there. Look forward to it!:)
Post a Comment