Sunday, July 08, 2007

On 7-7-7

So, today was supposedly the "perfect day," as the attendant in the Downtown Plaza parking garage so pleasantly reminded me. I suppose "perfect" isn't exactly the best word to describe my day, but it was relatively near perfect. I started the day with some Baker Ben's donuts and finally took my car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and check up. Funny how much smoother your car runs after one of those, which makes you wonder just how bad it was beforehand. Then I headed out to Davis to join Erica for a while. I really love the small town feel of Davis. It makes me think more and more that I would like living in a smaller town as opposed to the city. We walked around and visited some stores, we did some bike browsing and I learned all about the types of bikes available and what it means to have 21 gears, and then we got some lunch and talked and enjoyed a perfect day outside. It was beautiful and there was a nice breeze. Very relaxing and healing to sit and talk with her. Then I met up with Josh downtown to see Transformers: The Movie. It was only the second movie in the theaters that I've seen this year. The first one was Spiderman 3 which I went to see by myself when I first got back to California from Hawaii. I really was never a fan of Transformers as a child, but Josh was. Still, I loved the movie. It was funny and action-packed and just good! I would recommend it to all. And then I came home. The only thing that would have made it better would be a home cooked meal when I got home. Alas, the cupboards were bare and so it was quite simple. Nonetheless, the day was good and hopefully tomorrow can be too. Hope you all had a happy 7-7-7 day.

No comments: