- I finished the play! Retrieved a life, but have managed to spend more time with friends so it doesn't seem like I have a ton more down time.
- Birthday parties for Leejin and Jin.
- Thanksgiving was very yummy and I was surrounded by my new adopted family here with Ellie and Pam. Unfortunately, my friends were having a dinner party and wimped out by 8pm so I never got to see them. Still, a few of them came over to my house for some of my yummy apple crisp. Mmm!
- I've observed some of the ELI classes and I'm so ready to teach next semester!
- Tonight I'm celebrating December by going out with some friends. They have the First Friday (not Second Saturday) art gallery showcase tonight which we might visit.
- Saturday is Salsa Fiesta Day!! Ay ay ay!! I just went shopping and it should be yummy.
- Monday I register for classes for next semester.
- Next week is the last week of class. Thursday I have a final in my linguistics class and then I'll be done with 2 of my 3 classes.
- Next Friday we have a Christmas party for our department. I think I might also invite some friends over to do some baking and maybe do a gift exchange and watch my favorite Chilean movie (Sex with Love). You will have to watch it with me some time. I'm bringing the movie home with me.
- That Saturday I will need to get serious about this paper.
- Then I will do some Xmas shopping.
- Then I will get ready to come home on the 13th.
- Hopefully I will turn my paper in by the 14th.
- And on the 15th I fly to Indiana to spend some quality time with my sister and her family. And to lose my tan in the blisteringly cold Indiana winter.
- I'll return to Sacramento on the 19th and try to visit lots of people (hopefully some of them will feed me) and also try and read some of the textbooks I'll be using with my writing class. Writing textbooks...what fun!
- Then I have a class reunion on Dec. 23, I'll try and track down Lissie when she comes up to SF, and holiday parties with families. Plus, it wouldn't be New Year's if I wasn't spending it with Joey.
- Things will calm down just as I leave on January 6th and start school on January 8th.
And love. :)

1 comment:
i wish you luck and love mat!
and on behalf of my mom and I, I hereby do formally invite you to have dinner at our place at some point while you're in sacramento. We'll cook for you! It will be lovely, and delicious!
xo, amineh
Post a Comment