Well it is actually getting a bit chilly. As girls are prone to do, a few of my friends felt cold tonight while we were checking out all the holiday displays downtown. And why shouldn't they be? After all, it has dipped into the brisk winter temperatures of 70 degrees and with the wind chill it feels like 69 at least.
Oh...I'm going to die when I get to Indiana! Well, I'll be there rather soon. I can't believe it. I still have to finish this big term paper (which now has a topic), but I'm looking forward to it all being over. Today was the last day of class and it is tradition to present leis to our professors. I like that tradition. Actually, I really like the tradition of giving leis for special occasions in general. I think I'll adopt that if I can actually find inexpensive [real] leis in Sacramento or wherever I end up. Anyways, I took my only final exam for my linguistics class and now I am off to work on my paper.
By the way, I'm really really REALLY excited about the prospect of spending time with all sorts of my favorite people whom I haven't seen in far too long. It will rock! I think my break will be beautifully hectic. Bring it on. Although, I was also thinking today that I feel so lucky to have made some great friends here in Hawaii already. I remember it took a long long time when I first arrived in Nashville before I felt like I really had made any real friendships. I am also really looking forward to next semester. Here is a preview:
-Besides teaching 2 writing classes...
-Bilingual Education (an undergrad class which I hope will be easy and fun and interesting)
-Second Language Acquisition (should be a lot of reading and a big project, but also useful/interesting and its with my favorite professor, Lourdes)
-Language, Literacy, and Culture
-Beginning Volleyball (cool?)
-Poetry in English after 1900 (should be fun! hardly any writing or homework, most of grade is based on showing up and talking about poetry...perfect! i won't have time for extra homework)
Sound crazy??? YUP, IT IS!! At least that's what everyone is telling me. But you all know that this is comparable to must of the situations I work myself into and I'll find a way to manage and enjoy myself. I can't wait!!
Friday, December 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment