Monday, June 19, 2006

Infected!

As you probably know if you've seen me in the past month, I've been at least slightly sickly for a while. As a matter of fact, ever since around the time of the wedding I've had this persistent cough that just won't go away. Symbolic? I went in to the doctor's before I came to HK (two weeks into the coughing), but I think I had a cold on top of everything and he just thought my cough was cold related. Well, I went to the doctor's yesterday (Sally made me go). It was very much like an interview and less like a conversation. The nurse was right alongside assisting him to tilt my head back and lift up my shirt and all. After a brief examination, he determined that I have a chest infection and gave me about 6 baggies of medicine to take in order to feel better. I've got things for the phlegm, nasal congestion, antibiotic, cough, clogged airway, and some eyedrops just in case. If I don't feel any better after 1 day I'm supposed to go back and change medications. If I do feel better I'm supposed to go back after 3 days and get a check-up.

No comments: