Tuesday, March 01, 2005

When it snows, it pours

Well,
It is snowing. I think it is an appropriate sign that "Spring" break is next week. Oh, if it's not warm in California I might go stir-crazy. That's right, stir-crazy!! And you know what happens to people who go stir-crazy...they eat a lot of chocolate and then shoot people on a sugar high. So, let's all hope for sunshine and warmth. And since the air-conditioner continuously spews cold air for no logical reason, I especially could use some warmth. Another consequence of the snow is that all the schools are closed. Now, is there really enough snow out there to be unsafe or impede traffic? No! Of course not! But, seeing as we haven't had any snow days all year long, they had to jump on the chance to claim this one- everyone needed a break! Especially the kids. Can you believe that most of the elementary schools in this district don't have recess. They hardly ever touch the playground.
Anyways, because all the schools are closed I'm not teaching today or doing my research project. Which basically means that I'm done for the day and don't know what I'm gonna do with myself. I think I'm gonna go to bed early tonight for sure. I pulled my first all-nighter last Thursday/Friday which was exciting. I ended up getting a 91 on the project, so it wasn't all together unsuccessful. And I just finished my second of two midterm exams today and they both went well. I just have a project for my Problems in Literacy Learning class and I guess I'll need to make-up my lesson on Thursday if it decides to stop snowing. So, basically I'm looking forward to flying home on Friday. I need a break, I need to be home, and I need some sunshine. This semester has passed by really quickly though (already more than halfway over) and that's a great thing. And I've only cut 3 classes so far!!! Oh, and a quick sidenote, I got the green light for Vandy's 1st Annual 24hr Theatre Experience!! It'll be on April 22-23. Yay!!
Anyways, I've got an appt at 1:30 with a counselor, so wish me luck. Then, who knows, maybe actually go to work and make money or something.
Filled with love and well-wishes...
~Mat~

No comments: