Saturday, March 26, 2005

I want to be a hot Aussie

Okay, a few things. First of all, going back to the political question, I think defense is really important because it has repercussions (I had a hard time spelling that word) in so many other areas. In order to have a strong defense, you have to establish good relations with the rest of the world. A strong defense means a large military, but also global respect. It requires foreign policy that doesn't alienate and create more enemies than allies. It also requires a strong economy where money is not spent all willy-nilly and a huge deficit is acrued. If this happens, you will not be able to properly equip and financially support a war. A strong defense requires accountability and honesty between those in charge and the rest of the world. So, a number of fundamental changes would be needed for the US to establish a strong defense.

Now, I wanted to mention two other things. One is that on Wednesday night I went to a local cafe where Ronnie had a gig with a band he plays with. Although supposedly his band features piano-led alternative rock, the performance was heavily drum-led as the drums overpowered everything else in this small space they were playing in. As we were leaving I stopped to tell some of the members of the band who played before Ronnie's what I thought about their set. Some of the members of the band so happened to be Latinos and, as I caught up with the group, I overheard Ronnie's girlfriend comment that "the Mexicans are bonding." I wanted to include it cuz I thought it was funny and it related to the whole racial identity entry earlier and I told her I would. I tease her a lot anyways, so I had it coming.

Anyways, I got a haircut today and I now have a vision of what my hair style will be. My stylist and I decided that, in honor of Nashville being the country music capital, I would style my hair after the hot Aussie country singer Keith Urban. If you don't know who he is, you need to look him up. I like him for his songs, of course. It's getting there. I actually walked in considering just cutting it all off, but she convinced me not to, so I press on with the long hair. Also tonight I went to a 21st birthday dinner for a friend of mine and was introduced to the ritual of the sake bomb. I have no idea what is in store for my birthday.

Oh, and in honor of Keith, the QoD: Who is the hottest singer/musician? and/or Who is the hottest Aussie? and/or Who is the hottest cowboy/girl? Take your pick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is the hottest Aussie?

-David Wenham, hands down. Faramir you know. Very sexy man. I need to visit australia and bag me a man! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, who wrote that? That "I need to visit australia and bag me a man," complete with happy face, sounds like me--but I didn't write the rest of that! Amineh, was that you? Whoever it was, you're awesome:)

stasia:)