So, I've spent about 80% of the past few days in bed. I hate being sick. I'm totally one of those wimpy guys who turn into babies looking for their mommy when I'm sick. It's something I've got to get along with though, so long as I plan to work with slimy, sickly, germ-infested, disease-ridden children. It was cold and rainy outside today and both my roommates were in Indiana for various reasons, so I've been chilling in the apartment by myself all day. Most of the time I've spent in bed. Speaking of weather, though, last Tuesday we had a high here of 71 degrees and the following night we had chances of snow. Nashville weather!! So ridiculous.
I guess I should clarify the title real quick: It's a reply to the previous question posed "How do you like your Cafe?" that refers to Cafe con Leche which was Thursday night and went really well.
Thanks to the lack of contact with humanity, the overwhelming amount of time spent in bed, and the Nyquil, I'm feeling a little de
li
ri
oussssss
But Thursday was the worst! I was sick (just woke up sick out of nowhere that day), stressed (I've been really busy the past two weeks with schoolwork, preparing lessons, Cafe stuff, and other random stuff), tired (cuz I didn't sleep much the past two weeks), and depressed (cuz of a meeting I had Thursday). I've been trying to push for being allowed to do my student-teaching at home so that I can finish up my program while being with my mom. Well, basically this ideal situation is impossible and on top of bringing up a bunch of topics that made me sad, they also gave me a list of much less ideal possibilities. Plus, I was sick and I had a horrible headache which is crazy cuz I like never have headaches.
Then I had to rush off to a Cafe rehearsal where we ran through the show on stage for the first time. It gave me a second rush of energy. When it came time for the actual performance, dispite the annoying coughing, I was really excited. I got to sit in the audience for most of it and a lot more people than I had expected showed up, including some of my friends. So that was cool and everything went so smoothly and people laughed at a lot of my jokes. The little movies were really cool, especially the Esperanza music video. The hosts I've been working with all week loosened up and did really well. They loved!! my beat poetry performance (of course, I always steal the show, right?) and I even got to wear one of those lavaliers (the nifty clip-on microphones). I am going to get a DVD of it so maybe I can show you some of the highlights later. Plus the dances were kick-ass!! I found it very funny that I could go from being ready to dance merengue all night long, to passing out for the night within an hour.
I definitely slept for a long time, until I was rudely awakened by the need to study and take a test in my Latino Immigration class. I probably should've just stayed in bed, cuz the test didn't go so well. I hadn't even started the last 2 of 5 essay questions with 5 minutes left. Oh well. I also realized I missed a reflection which I ended up writing today. I hope it was coherent. We'll see how productive I am tomorrow.
Saturday, February 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mat--you're blog is great. I found the one about the deserted movie theater and laughed liked crazy. I hope you feel better soon.~Bria
Post a Comment