Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Getting My Creative Juices Flowing

Hey,
So I realize now that y'all are gonna be lazy and post your little comments instead of taking the effort to write a real email or call me. But it's way better than nothing ;-) and I think it's a lot cooler to make it more interactive this way. I had to do it because my website is running out of space and hopefully soon it will be undergoing some major renovation (right Brian?). I just got sent some pictures from Allison's party so I thought I'd share a few. I was really clever cuz I gave Benji and Allison these nice candy canes with hearts on them, which just so happen to have been the party favors at Michelle's wedding. I thought that was tricky of me.
Anyways, Mondays are so long what with 8 hours of classes and work and not getting sleep the night before. My recuperation from yesterday has made me very slothlike today. This is not good because I have a whole bunch of skit writing to do for Café con Leche (the big hispanic student group celebration) that I was supposed to have done Saturday and I have been getting a few less than happy emails the past few days. So, it's only 9:50 now- I've got plenty of time to write them!! But my 8am class is gonna suck tomorrow (even though I really like working with Raul). Oh! I spent my first day in the sixth grade class that I'm doing my math practicum in and I liked it a lot. I already started to contribute to the class, helping correct someone's work at the overhead and giving an impromptu (how do spelly that silly word?) lesson on bar graphs. They already told me they want me to stay all day with them. I hate writing on overheads, by the way. My handwriting is horrible on them and it gets all smudged and stuff. But this teacher doesn't have any chalk for her chalkboard and the whiteboard is not facing the students. We'll have to see how that goes.
I finished my driver's training so that I can borrow a Vandy vehicle for some of my random ventures to Nashville schools. Hopefully that will take away at least some of the stress of finding a ride all the time. I guess I better go cuz I need to finish this writing stuff before Ronnie wants to sleep. He's in this musical, Anything Goes, as part of our Vanderbilt Off-Broadway group and he hates it. Apparently it's really unorganized and the show opens this weekend. He was in class all day yesterday, went to dinner, went to rehearsal and didn't get home till after midnight!! Then he did homework and went to bed at 4 and woke up for his 8 o'clock class. He'll do that on his own often cuz he gets very easily distracted (by computer games mostly), but if I were him I would've walked out of a Monday night rehearsal at 11pm. So, he's probably gonna want to sleep if rehearsal ever ends. My other roommate, Jeremy, is in this show too, but he rarely comes back here anyways. Girlfriends...

No comments: