Monday: 10/4/04
· Yay for October!! Just a couple of weeks till fall break, then a month till Thanksgiving break, then another month to the end of the semester----yay!!! This weekend was definitely busy. Friday I fell asleep, completely asleep for the first time in my college career. It was in my theater history class and we were watching a movie on the Roman Coliseum and the room was completely dark. Luckily, I don't think anyone noticed and the video wasn't all that important. Still, I was pretty tired. We had our opening night that night and I managed to make it through without screwing up anything, but there was a big cast/crew party afterwards that was off-campus and late at night and I was really looking forward to, but when I got home I realized it was time for bed. Good thing too cuz Saturday morning I had an audition for something I'll describe with more detail later and it was good that I wasn't exhausted. It also could've been very bad if I were exhausted behind the wheel. That's right, in order to get to my audition I had to borrow a car from an overly trusting co-worker. It was soooooo cool!! The highlight of the week, maybe the semester. I've never driven around Nashville before and it gives you such a sense of power. I rode around, not too far off the beaten path cuz I didn't want to get lost, and went grocery shopping and through a drive-through just to drive-through. It was great. I might have to take advantage of that again. Then I had another performance that night. And when I got back to my dorm (thank god the show's only an hour long), my hall was having a big Star Wars screening (ya know, the new DVDs) and my roomies and I went down and I barely made it through all three, but it was still fun. Then I slept until noon on Sunday and woke up just in time to go see The Idiot, a play I had to see for my directing class. It was funny and I felt like I hadn't been to see a play in forever, even though I clearly have. After that, once again, I had to head to the performance. I stayed up late late late doing homework. The highlight of my today was when my directing class professor, Terryl, who is also directing the show I'm working sound on, Iphigenia, in a lecture about casting and auditions used me as an example of someone who had a really great audition and she wanted to give one of the lead roles to, Menelaus, but couldn't because she wanted to cast the main character, Agamemnon, with this 6'6'' guy who would look really awkward beside me, especially when I'm supposed to intimidate him. Basically, she was forced to cast lesser talent in a role which I would have been brilliant in because I'm short. C'est la vie. Hey, right about now across the street from me ABC's Sam Donaldson is monitoring a debate between Ted Turner/Al Gore vs. some conservatives here at Vandy. I wanted to go, but they've been sold out for a while. Also coming soon....Michael Moore, Wynonna Judd, Brad Paisley (country music singer, duh), and others.....
Monday, October 04, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment