Thursday: 9/30/04
I've seriously had the roughest couple of weeks so far. I know it's no excuse, but hey- I'm just getting used to having a functioning computer, give me a break. I was sick all last week making me fall behind in homework stuff and needing to catch up cuz this week was round-one of the midterm area where more and more is due and will continue to be for the next two weeks on top of which I'm working sound for a really technically complicated Greek tragedy, Iphigenia, that despite being one-hour long, has required a huge time committment all this week as we've been going through tech rehearsals. There's lots of lighting and sound effects, music, body paint, fog, weapons, and blood used and it's actually pretty cool, just difficult to coordinate. I'll post some pictures when we have them. We open tomorrow, by the way. Aside from the general complications of life, nothing too exciting has happened. This weekend should be a little more exciting, so I'll fill you in on that later. I've been working at a special ed school recently, especially working with adolescents with profound to severe mental retardations. It's been a trip. I don't know what I could do with them if they were in my regular ed class. Plus, it's really been a trip on Thursdays cuz our class spends time in the Snoezelen room where there are all kinds of different lights, music, furniture, and other random contraptions going designed to stimulate visually, audibly, and tactilly (I think I made up those last two words). Also, in my set design class we've been building models and I'm just sooooo inept at this arts and craftsy nonsense. Oh, I also experienced my first hurricane as Frances briefly tore through Nashville. It was actually a tropical storm by then, but it did rain awful hard for a day or two. Okay, I need to refocus and do all the homework I need to do before I pass out from exhaustion. I thought I'd write something though. Take care and feel free to write or call: this will led to better chance of a direct response.
Thursday, September 30, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment