Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Out with the Greek, in with the Chile

Wednesday: 10/13/04

· Okay, so I should be finishing my paper for scenic design right now, but I really don't wanna so I won't. Last weekend was not the most exciting seeing as it was filled with homework and theater. Luckily Iphigenia is over cause it makes me so much freer... to procrastinate, dilly-dally, and waste time. Actually, this week's been busy with work and meetings and all kinds of stuff. I made a very exciting proposal the the Vanderbilt theater board, proposing the institution of a new tradition and project that you probably know about....24 hour theater. It is soooo much fun when we've done it with Lookout! and I knew it would be a great thing to bring here. Today I proposed the idea to the all the members and everyone was really really excited about it and anxious to do it. So, I get to be in charge of this groundbreaking event, yay. I also got my Chile grades from last semester, finally. I did well, but my dance professor gave me a B+, obviously he doesn't know a first-rate dancer when he meets one. This weekend is the beginning of Fall Break (we get Monday and Tuesday off). I'm planning on going to Arkansas (I know, it wasn't my first choice either) with a friend of mine to help out with the Kerry campaign over there. I'm guessing that these Arkansans need help reading the forms or something backward like that. ;-) Then I'd like to try and get my mom to drive down and spend Monday and Tuesday with me which would be great. Also, I'm officially signed up to make another presentation at the National Council for Teachers of English (NCTE) annual conference in Indianapolis in November. You can search for my name under the speakers list here. It'll be exciting and such great experience. I'm going to be talking about how teachers can use technology to develop a sense of voice in society with low socio-economic level students. Trying to give them a new way to speak their mind to the world basically, while incorporating literacy (reading and writing) instruction also. Other than that, make sure you vote (preferably for Kerry) and get everyone you know that can to vote. I'm gonna get back to trying to survive the week. Wish me luck. :-)
· By the way, I joined the Facebook.com thing- I haven't done much with it yet, but let me know if you're on it too.

No comments: