So I joined the YMCA last week and discovered the downfall of the hearty workout. The Y has this cool computerized system where you meet with a trainer who creates the program for you. Then when you come to workout, you sign in on this computer and it sets up a circuit for you and as you go to each machine it will know who you are and tell you your set-up on the machine (like where the seats should go), give your range of motion, and give/record your target reps/sets. You can also record any cardio stuff you do. And it is all compiled as data by the computer. It makes life very easy, so perhaps I might keep going.
The problem is that I've been going in the late afternoons/early evenings. I didn't want to eat beforehand, because I don't want cramps or vomiting (I see enough vomit at school). But after working out I am so hungry and seriously craving either a burger or Mexican food. Maybe I will manage some self-control and realize that that is not a good idea. But that part is definitely not easy.
Anyways, it is a start. I also asked out a coworker that I like to see if she wanted to hang out, but was deferred to the break. I feel like there aren't a bunch of teachers here that have time to hang out. Maybe that is just me. But they are mostly older or 30s but married with a young kid. Not the best combination. Hopefully next week I'll finally meet with this guy at UCSD to look into the Chicano theater scene. That would be cool to get involved with. Aside from that, I don't know. I'm hoping to find a social niche soon. I'm also very actively looking for an apartment, but it seems like an expensive undertaking. We'll see if I can find something nice though. That's all for now.
Still to come...The Inner World of a Kindergartner.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment