Okay, so I have now checked off three major goals for my new life in San Diego. The first was finding a job. Check. Then I wanted to develop an exercise program. Check (thanks to the YMCA). Now, I have found a home. Check.
I'm moving in the end of April. I really like this apartment. It is located in a great area (Fashion Valley) with easy access to shopping and parks, close to the beach and the YMCA where I work out. Also has bike trails (I guess I'll need to get a bike) and is walkable to a trolley stop so that I can go downtown without needing to worry about parking.
The community of the complex itself is what sold me on it. Very cute. Lots of people out and about, walking dogs, smiling, talking to each other. Just very friendly. Made me feel like I would be happy to come home to this. And since pets are allowed, it makes me see a puppy in my near future. I could use a little companion.
The apartment itself isn't super remarkable. It's a 1-bedroom and in a good spot. Apparently this apartment is the only one in the whole community with upgraded design and appliances, so that is cool. But it is a nice size and I think will be very comfortable. Here is a link to the website for The Bluffs.
Now, here is the remaining checklist for the major goals for the remainder of the year, in no particular order:
1. Get furniture and stuff for apartment (I have virtually nothing besides books)
2. New car
3. Dog
4. Friends (maybe even a girlfriend)
5. Consolidate student loans! (I've got about $30,000 in debt...yikes!)
6. Something else that is important but I can't think of at the moment
So there you have it.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
damn dude, don't check off all your goals at once or else you'll find that you've done everything and you're going to have to move again! ...Or, you know, find some more goals;)
Your place looks pretty swank, though, from their website. Good deal.
ps: I still advocate the new bike rather than the new car:)
Post a Comment