So, today was our first typhoon day of the summer. That meant no Summerbridge! Good and bad. Good because I was happy to get to sleep longer, have time to work on my own projects, and finish up some SB stuff. Bad because my students probably won't be able to finish their projects well in one day (they are creating a portrait [incorporating either Egyptian or Renaissance art elements] of their personal hero and writing a paragraph to say why that person is so important) and I worry we will be staying longer the next few days to make up for it and prepare for Celebration on Sunday. Ah!!
Well, it gives me a chance to sit down and blog a little. I guess one topic that has been on my mind has been my brother's wedding. I mentioned it in the "Island Fever" post. It was a bit of a surprise, it all happened so suddenly, but I am really happy for him. He definitely deserves a companion in life, someone to love and receive support from. I think Mandie is a good match for him. Being with them definitely feels like family; I think that's a good indication. They have asked me to be the official that marries them. Talk about pressure! I'll need to figure out what they do since I haven't really been to many weddings. Well, I think it will be a really special moment in our lives.
That has got me thinking about my life's path and where it is leading. I still am not really clear what is happening next year. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it though. I'm happy with the present. But I can't help but want to have some hold on my future! I'm not a super adventurous, live-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of person.
Anyways, I'm preparing for a couple of weddings and a conference next semester. Should be fun!!
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment