Friday, May 11, 2007

Final-ed

Well, I finished the semester. And a whole day (5 classes) of dealing with high school students. I disliked the two sophomore classes the most and liked the freshmen classes the most. 3 of the classes were filled with exams, but the other two I had to do some teaching. I was really proud of my Spanish and I totally think I could teach high school Spanish, although I don’t think I want to after today. I’m sick, but not too bad (yet) and I just finished my last paper. Actually it was the longest paper I’ve ever written (but I’ve been working on it all year…definitely could not have finished in an all-nighter). Next week I will turn my attention to HATESL matters and planning my trip home. I can’t believe it is coming so soon!! I have Summerbridge stuff to think about as well. I am so glad I survived the semester. Overall it wasn’t too bad. The montón of my students’ papers sucked and I did have a lot of classes to attend, but I liked it. I learned a bit. I’ve now been exposed to many poets I never knew before. I learned a lot about how you do research and learn a second language. But mostly I learned what it means to fall in love. I mean really fall in love.

No comments: