Sunday, April 29, 2007

Injured (or Crippled?)

When God tells you not to run down a hill, you should listen.

He made my backpack unzip as I began my usual sprint down the hill I live on to my volleyball class early Wednesday morning. I stopped and zipped it back up and started off again, not realizing that was my sign to slow down. Sure enough, moments later, I stepped on a huge mango seed in the road and went tumbling. I sprained my ankle pretty bad and cut up my palms and knuckles. It was a sad sight and I haven't been injured like this in so long. I hobbled down to campus to the Student Health Center and they made me wait (all bloody and battered) for 40 minutes before finally seeing me and cleaning the wounds and putting some bandages on. I didn't get crutches, but I wish I did. Anyhow, I'm limping around but the swelling seems to be under control. Luckily Emily had just hurt her ankle a few months ago and knew how best to take care of it. Elisa teased me about being old and prone to falling down. I did not find that funny. =)

It should be okay, although in a month I'm doing this volunteering for the Bolder Boulder race (I think it's like 6 miles) and I hope it will be up for some exertion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...you slipped on a mango seed? mat i'm so sad you got hurt but honestly i can't help but laugh and think the joke in hawaii has to be about slipping on mango seeds instead of banana peels. :)

btw, mommy says hi, shes here in scotland visiting me, xo amineh