Sunday, May 07, 2006

As one door closes, another opens...

I feel as if I'm running down a hallway of doors. As I pass through one doorway and the door closes behind me, I have only moments to adjust to the new environment before I come upon another doorway to pass through. It is an exciting time, but also difficult to keep up. I bring it on myself, of course. It is my coping mechanism. Still, it is easy to become disoriented and feel lost with all the doors.

I just closed the show. I am so so proud of my work in the play. It truly was the most challenging, but rewarding role I've had the opportunity to play. Someone even told me they were shocked to see me doing so many non-characteristic things (i.e. cursing, getting a tatoo on my a$$, being an asshole, throwing around a girl, being Texan- which really amounts to being Southern because I don't know the difference and I figure most Californian audience members won't either, etc.) I'll definitely miss the people I worked with. Despite some drama befitting a group of actors, we bonded very well and I became pretty close to some of them. I'll especially miss that creative workshop that challenged the both sides of your brain to coordinate with your whole body to create art. That experience and challenge is why I keep theater as a part of my life.

No comments: