Well, yesterday I went to the psychiatry department at Kaiser. I'm glad I did...finally. Apparently I have a pathology. They diagnosed me with an Adjustment Disorder. I'll be starting a series of 1 on 1 therapy sessions in next week and also a group session on coping strategies for stress and loss. We'll see how it goes. Probably can't hurt. I wish I weren't as sad as I am sometimes. I know it is normal, but I really want to be happier and more energetic and just a better person. So, I'll let you know how my appointments go.
I also just started a new job at an after-school program. It isn't all that much fun because it is pretty disorganized and chaotic. A real challenge to get the kids to be productive. But I can't work in the local schools for a while until my paperwork is all cleared which could be in March. So, I don't know what I'm gonna do until then. I know that I am running very low on funds and need to start making some bucks though. We'll see. There are still some other options available so I'll keep you posted. Oh! Hey, I talked to Stacy today! She is one of my favorite people from high school and I haven't seen her for over a year!! I'm planning on seeing her this weekend and I'm sooo excited. I definitely need to work on reconnecting with a bunch of my local friends so I don't feel so alone (i.e. Stacy, Josh, Jessica, Nathan).
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment