Monday, January 16, 2006
Chugging along
Adjusting to life without a schedule/routine isn't as simple as I'd hoped, but it really hasn't been that bad either. I'm slowly getting a few things done. For example, I'm all done with my application for Hawaii. Yay!! And I visited Didion and all the kids missed me a lot. And Stephanie has made me really happy lately. Although my room is a complete disaster as I'm trying to move in more boxes, I have a lot to be happy about right now. I've been spending more time with my brothers, Grams has been trying to take care of me, and I have loved hanging out with Cindy. Still, sometimes I think all that has happened has turned my face hard. It takes more effort to smile now. Even when I feel really happy and want to smile or laugh, sometimes I can't. I don't even realize the effect most of the time. And lately I've been having some bad dreams about my parents and other sad or scary things. Luckily, I have all these good things in my life to keep me centered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Mat, I just wanted to remind you that it's okay to feel sad and unhappy sometimes- this was a really hard year for you, and you don't have to act like everything's okay if it's not. I also pray your dreams start to reflect and remind you not of what you've lost but what you've gained- an amazing degree, family who really cares, and the knowledge that you can succeed and that you aren't alone. Wish you the best, Ashley
Post a Comment