Okay, so yesterday I heard about the coolest thing to hit the local gyms ever!! One of the Summerbridge directors, Laura, was telling me about this awesome class she was going to try at the gym. It's called Cardio Drumming and involves large blow-up rubber balls placed along the bleachers and people, equipped with large wooden drum sticks, letting out "their inner Taiko drummer," as she put it. They run back and forth between all the balls, drumming for a while, then running, leaping, spinning, cartwheeling, etc. on to the next ball. It sounds soooo crazy. I'll have to ask her how it went. I hope you can picture this because the picture I have in my head of this craziness makes me smile.
Anyways, I had my first SB meeting yesterday from 9-6. I'm definitely gonna need to get used to these hours cuz I was sooo tired when I got back. It didn't help that I didn't get much sleep the night before, of course. It did get me psyched about the summer though. Oh, and I got to see my edited anthology published and ready for use, which was especially exciting. I totally have aspirations to publish lots of stuff in my life. Who knows what though. Well, I want you to think about this Cardio Drumming class and look for one near you!
Saturday, June 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mariam went to one of those classes. she said it was totally a blast:) i'd love to do it, fun exercise is the best!
-amineh
Post a Comment