Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Mat Espi and the Hotness

That's what I decided my rock band will be named, if I had a rock 'n' roll band.
And if we were a rock 'n' roll band,
We'd travel all over the land.
We'd play and we'd sing and wear spangly things,
If we were a rock 'n' roll band.
Alas, we ain't no rock 'n' roll band...yet!!

So, that was my birthday wish, of course. My birthday was chill. I didn't have time to plan anything crazy, but it still turned out nice. What was really cool was that there were about 10 of us, there could have been more if I had asked more, but these other nine people were all the friends that I'm closest to here. And that made me feel good. A lot of them didn't know each other because I know them from different contexts, but they all seemed to like each and get along and we had a good time. I didn't do much during the day except finish some projects and go for a walk. Then we all got together at this dodgy Mexican restaurant where we proceeded to eat and drink and have fun. Actually about half of my friends don't drink, so the drinking wasn't the most important aspect of it. I went to this same place for Ronnie's birthday and they brought him out a free desert and shot of tequila and they sang for him and everything. I got nothing! Totally jipped. I made it clear it was my birthday, maybe they just couldn't understand me with my slur. ;) Then we got ice cream and most people had to go back for meetings or studying, but Lan and Ashley drove me around and we saw a movie and made sure not to return until exactly midnight.

So, later this week I'll the ladies I work with are taking me out to eat and get drunk. They are so funny. And I'm trying to think of ways to spend some quality time with all my friends just in case I don't come back next year. A friend of mine, who is a grad student here and she's supervised me in a couple of practica, had her mom pass yesterday. She's been a big advocate for getting me to be able to finish at home next semester. And now it takes on a whole different meaning when she tells me to make sure to spend time with your mother, and the rest will come along with time.

Anyways, the answer to the previously posed question....will be postponed to allow for more guessing to occur. ;)

No comments: