Hey!!
Okay. So here's the latest scoop. Thanks to some advice from one of my professor's and from my counselor I've begun to push again for doing my student-teaching back home. It would really suck to have to come back next semester after being home all summer. So I've gone to the chair of the department and my counselor is going to talk to the dean of students, so we'll see if that helps at all.
I don't know why I haven't posted in so long. I guess I've been waiting for something or someone to provide the motivation. I've definitely been busier and have had more work due lately. I've only got two weeks left (almost exactly) and a whole lot to get done between now and then. But I've also spent some time being depressed not helped by the stress of schoolwork. Finally, today I found my catalyst---a major research paper and presentation in Spanish that is due in 14 hours and that I want to put off as long as possible. So, I'm going to take care of the business of informing you all instead.
I'm sure I've written before about the crazy rain we get here at times where it rains really hard, but not "hard" as in abundance or a downpour, "hard" as in each individual droplet is HUGE and soaks you like a water balloon. I've been caught many times outside without an umbrella during such a storm, but Thursday was the first time I've ever been caught in one while driving. It was so scary cuz the rain hitting the windshield was so loud I couldn't hear the radio and it hit so hard I thought for sure the glass would break and decapitate me. Insane.
Anyways, I don't know what people were feeding the children of Nashville today, but it needs to be banned. They drove me crazy and I left my final classroom experience of the day with my energy depleted and a headache (and unlike all you girls out there who think headaches are normal occurances, or at least once a month occurances, I hardly ever get headaches). So, here I am, tired and down, but having to read, write, and think in the language of Taco Bell. It's cruel. So, I'm planning on working straight through till class at 1pm tomorrow, stopping by work (to pick up my check and then sneak out the back door, slyly as always), dropping by the library to do some research on another project that I have to email to my group by Saturday morning, return to my room to research and write the stuff for this project, followed by writing two reflections on my classroom experiences over the past week, studying for a series of tests that I spent $400+ on and that determine whether I receive credentials or not, sleeping, waking up early to be at the test place by 7:30, take tests until 4pm, meet a friend and her family for dinner, and then pass out until............
!!!!!!!!!!!!MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday's my birthday, and I haven't even started to plan anything. I'm not even sure everyone who I want to know knows. I hope I do something cool though. I need a good night of heavy binge drinking to lift my spirits (spirits, get it?). But, I promised my mom I wouldn't do the traditional 21 shots, no more than 20 I say. But, first I need to make it to Sunday and that requires writing this paper. So, I better go. But first! A QoD trivia question, going back to the baby pictures posted.
As all children do, I liked to play dress up when I was little. Because I didn't live with my dad, these experienced typically involved my mother's clothes and jewelry, and trust me, the 80s meant lots of fun things to wear. So the question: What am I famed for dressing up as? (Mom, you can't answer!)
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i too have a paper due that I am procrastinating for! mine is due in an hour. also,i don't know what you dressed up as when you were a kid, but I do keep a picture of you on my bookshelf in my room in a skirt dancing. So yes; i think of you fondly in women's clothing.:)
amineh
Happy Birthday Mat! Glenda
Post a Comment