So I figure I can expand on my last entry of mysterious giddyness. But first, you should know what I'm not doing right now that simply must be done before 8:00am tomorrow morning:
- Write a letter of recommendation for one of my students who is desperate for money (pressure!)
- Plan tomorrow and Thursday's classes
- Prep for those classes (but I suppose I could try and plan to not need things for prepping tomorrow...)
Well, those are the essential things. I've got 30 more 5-6 page papers to grade (about 10 hours worth of work) to do by next Tuesday. Oh, but that's next week. Live for today!
I know I will survive this semester, I'm just not sure how and in what condition. Hey! (continuing my tangental update) I went through a whole series of interviews and have finalized my position as Dean of Faculty for SB Sacramento this summer. So I will be back home and working for Summerbridge (again) and it should be pretty cool.
But EVEN COOLER: I have been in a pretty good mood the past few weeks because, not only did I get my computer back, but it also became clearer and clearer that this girl that I totally liked since literally the first day I arrived here (though I thought she had a boyfriend) actually really liked me too. We officially disclosed this last Monday, although we'd been spending a lot of time together all semester (and not just because we share an office). She has become my best friend over the course of the semester, I feel so comfortable with her, and we match well. Plus, she thinks I'm pretty great too, which is very good. Her name is Emily and she's in the same program as me. Actually, she's the president of our student organization so she is very well liked. She loves art and appreciates my poetry and she was born in Taiwan and moved to Colorado in third grade and went to a prep school in Connecticut for high school with Meryl Streep's son (who was a big jerk). And she speaks Mandarin and French and is outdoorsy. And I'm a big fan. "But does she treat you good?" my grandma asked. Yes, she does. =)
So, not only do a feel a strong bond with someone now and have an outlet for creativity, energy, and love, but I generally feel more motivated about life and school and making sure I'm taking care of myself, which is very good. So there. If you need any more details, you'll have to call. :p
=) I don't have a recent picture of her (or any recent pictures for that matter), but at least you'll have an idea of what she looks like. She's the one by me. And once I get my camera, I'll actually be able to add more pics to my Flickr
site.

No comments:
Post a Comment