Sunday, December 07, 2003

Vandy Plays Basketball?

Sunday: 12/7/03

Thank goodness for basketball season! Believe it or not, we actually have pretty good basketball teams and neither the men or women have lost yet. I right now am trying to put off being productive on this HUGE research paper for my American theater class (worth 30% of my grade) due on Wednesday. I also have this memoir multigenre all-about-culture project due on Tuesday (worth 20% of my grade in two different classes) and an essay in my Spanish class for Wednesday to boot! Then my first final is on Friday and I have my second on Saturday. And there are plenty of other unmentioned assignments for the week. My last final is on the 19th and I'll be coming home on the 21st after I visit with my mom and my sister some. I'm about halfway done with all the paperwork for studying abroad. I never realized that it was so hard to leave the country.
· Oh! As for vacation news, I had a very happy and unproductive break which was good. I visited a bunch of people, but some I did not! (so I will have to make up for that over the winter). I also ate and slept which was a nice change. My NCTE presentation in S.F. went really really well. Lots of people came up to me afterwords talking about how impressed they were. These people included some of my old high school English teachers (Roberts and Haines). I also walked away with a ton of books (many of which were free). As you probably know, the only thing I would ever need to receive for birthdays and stuff would be books (particularly kids books), so I was very excited about that. Plus, I got to meet a bunch of authors like Pam Muñoz Ryan (who I did the presentation with) and Avi (not the one that oggled the avocado). I can't wait to be home again soon!!!!!!

No comments: