Wednesday: 11/12/03
I just spent the evening with a very famous playwright...Tony Kushner!!! He is a Pulitzer Prize winner for Angels in America which I loved and am so excited to see a film version on HBO soon. Anyways, it was really cool cuz I got to ask him some questions (mostly about his writing techniques) during a question and answer session with all the theater majors. Then I talked with him after the session and got him to sign my Angels in America copy. Then later I went to a lecture he gave to the public and I found out that he is very politic minded and (understandably) has a great disdain for President Bush. A great evening. And I also got word that my presentation for the NCTE conference may very well be turned into an article for a literary journal!! I could be a published scholar!! If only Mr. K could see me now. ;-)
Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment