Sunday, September 11, 2005

Poetry for Mom

My mom passed away Saturday at 12:15 AM. I'll write more later, but I thought I'd throw that out there and include this poem that I wrote just hours before it happened. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown me during this difficult year. I can't imagine what this would be like without all the support I've received. I'm so lucky and blessed.

“For Mom”

Tonight I feel like a motherless child,

Suddenly alone

Abandoned involuntarily,
But abandoned nonetheless
To cry 2005 tears,
Find my own way,
Breathe for myself.

It is scary,
Hard,
All the words that accompany loss,
Losing someone,
A void in your heart.

2005 tears
Can’t fill the void too deep too…
Because you were supposed to fill it
With your support,
Love,
Warmth.
Motherly compassion I miss,
Taken too soon, too young.
Who’s advice shall I seek?Who’s house shall I find on Christmas,
Easter,
Thanksgiving.

You prepared me for independence,
But not for being
motherless

No comments: